We’re proud of 2018. It was one of our best years on record – and we look forward to continuing to grow and expand in the coming years. In this post, we’ll take a brief look back at some of our accomplishments from 2018.
Expanding Opportunities – Merging with TGW
First, and pretty significant, we completed our merger with TGW to be able to bring our customers an even more robust line of converting capabilities. We’ll still continue to offer industry-leading extrusion solutions, but we’ll also have more to offer as we pick up the food processing and packaging industries. We can now do more for our customers as our range of expertise has doubled! We’re now your one stop shop – we manufacture, we control the quality, and we deliver.
Units For 2018 – What’s New?
Wondering what was new for Pearl in 2018? We launched a number of new products this year, including:
- A Bubble Guide Digital Control and Readout unit, designed to remotely adjust the diameter of bubble guides.
- Double Sided Flex Sealer, with customizable sealing style, pattern, shape, and size, and swappable sealer modules.
- Double Center Pivot Punch, which uses a unique design to allow holes to be punched within 1” of each other, without the need for multiple rails.
- Lightning Multi-Punch Unit, which uses proprietary lightning technology for fast changeovers and tool-less lateral adjustments.
- Heavy Duty Pouch Puncher, made for punching multi-layer and laminated PE bags and pouches, with a maximum cut of 10” x 10” (254mm x 254mm).
- Large Sized Cross Rail Ball & Die Unit, which allows for large hole punching through the middle of continuous motion webs.
NPE 2018 – A Great Show for Pearl
We were proud to be an exhibitor at NPE 2018. During the show, we had our new H-cart on display, allowing our booth visitors to walk away with samples! We also had demonstrations of quite a few of our units, including:
- Ball and Die
- Zero Clearance
- New Flex Sealer
- Lightning Wicket Attachment
- Flex 3
- New UltraFlex 3
- New MPU Lightning
We enjoyed NPE last year, and we’ll be attending more shows this year, too – Converters Expo South, Converters Expo, ICE, Global Pouch Forum, and Pack Expo Las Vegas! Come check us out and see what we, and TGW, have to offer – together!
A Push for Safety – 2 Years with No Workplace Accidents!
One of our biggest focuses in 2018 was workplace safety. We made a big push for a better working environment – focusing on safer changeovers, quieter units, better protection and guards, and other such safety best practices. But these efforts weren’t just for our customers, we also took steps to make Pearl an even safer place to work too.
And we’re proud to announce that we’ve now reached the 2-year accident-free mark for employee safety. We’re not going to stop here, though – we plan on keeping up our work, and continuing to make Pearl a safe, comfortable, and welcoming place to work.
Here’s to a Great 2019!
In the coming year, we plan to redouble our focus on safety and innovation. Thanks for looking back at 2018 with us, and please join us as we work towards a successful 2019 and beyond!