Reports To: Weld Fabrication Supervisor
Responsible for welding with all types of equipment and materials. Capable of fabricating products from a variety raw materials and processes by performing the following duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate various tools such as, but is not limited to, shears, saws, benders, welders and drill presses.
- Able to bend, form and TIG stainless steel and MIG aluminum.
- Capable of repetitive welding on small parts of assorted sizes.
- Read, interpret, set up and produce products in accordance with engineering drawings, within tolerance, while maintaining quality standards.
- Able to use and read Vernier calipers, gauge pins and/or micrometers while taking measurements.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping of settings for repeat specifications.
- Responsible for documenting length of time and quantity of material used for each job.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Notify supervisor of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or injuries.
- Achieve manufacturing objectives of the business, and liaise with employees at all levels, to achieve company goals and objectives in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Ensure compliance with all rules and requirements, including but not limited to safety, health and environmental rules as well as Covid guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in any other area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representational of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of prior welding and fabricating experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical aptitude desired.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple changing priorities while maintaining deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with personnel at all levels throughout the company.
- Possess good interpersonal, people and negotiating skills.
Typical manufacturing shop working environment necessary to perform all essential job functions with reasonable accommodations compliant with EEOC enforced ADA guidelines. Noise level is mostly low to moderate. Must be able to communicate clearly and relate well to others. Must be able to lift, up to 50 lbs., stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, twist, and squat as needed to perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position and is subject to change at any time to reflect the needs of the company. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.