The Director of Sales will be responsible for achieving company growth objective to double in 5 years. Key responsibilities include sales strategy and planning, selling, management of technical sales team, and product management. Pearl Technologies is part of Edge Industrial Technologies which offers opportunity for leverage with the global key accounts team and the other company’s sales organizations. This position will focus on expansion into the packaging industry, effectively selling stock / consumable products and growth of existing customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the strategic sales plan to support Pearl’s growth objective to double the company in 5 years and translate into annual operating plans that drive immediate actions and operational excellence for the sales organization
- Own the customer: Proactively develop and maintain valuable relationships with target customers (OEM, distributors, agents, end users) to grow business and understand customer needs.
- Manage and lead the Pearl sales and marketing teams including application engineers (converting, packaging and extrusion) and product management.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies that advance national accounts programs, develop leads through search and marketing initiatives. Manage trade show planning and execution.
- Manage the sales team including goals setting, performance evaluation, compensation programs, and employee development and recruiting. Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Oversee the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel
- Lead all aspect of CRM adoption and use, ensuring key insights are extracted and incorporated into strategic plans
- Define pricing strategy and coordinate implementation with customer service team
- Establish accurate and consistent planning, forecasting, and budgeting tools for the sales organization.
- Develop KPIs and other measurements and monitor performance to ensure long-term financial viability of the organization and the achievement of the sales and strategic goals
- Participate actively in the management team and build close collaboration with all functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ensure that all company safety policies are being followed
- Location – this position is intended to be based in North America but location is flexible with the understanding that regular visits to Savannah, NY (bi-monthly) will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of progressive sales experience in the converting or flexible packaging industry
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of industry, companies, reasons to buy, preferred channels to market and (critically) how to get the Pearl message to new customers
- Proven track record of delivering against sales targets, hitting profitability goals, and demonstrating an ability to grow sales over multiple years
- Strategic sales and sales management experience with demonstrated success in defining sales strategy and achieving performance targets
- Consultative sales skills with the ability to communicate the company’s value proposition clearly and accurately
- Experience in product management and marketing of industrial products
- Demonstrated business development and relationship management skills with ability to identify and understand customer needs and effectively communicate proposition, negotiate, provide solutions, and close sales
- Leadership – ability to manage a team, set priorities, and achieve objectives
- Clear communications – Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Integrity – Upholding a high standard of fairness and ethics in everyday words and actions.
- Analytical skills – able to gather and process information and define action efficiently
Typical office indoor/outdoor working environment necessary to perform all essential job functions with reasonable accommodations compliant with EEOC enforced ADA guidelines. This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. Position includes significant travel to prospective and current customer sites and local and out of state offices of the company and its customers or prospective customers as necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Sales Director and is subject to change at any time to reflect the needs of the company. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.