The Welder/Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for the overall production in the welding/fabrication department. In addition, this working supervisor will also manage the team, the quality of their work and their productivity. This position is responsible for welding with all types of equipment and materials as well as fabricating products from a variety of materials and processes by performing the following duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned manufacturing team members to ensure product quality, efficient work habits and on-time completion of work orders.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and quality, reduce cost, decrease scrap and product rework. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate staff, setting performance standards. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resource Department as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate capacity for current production needs and support analysis to ensure future capacity. This includes ensuring adequate cross training so that multiple people can operate critical equipment thereby reducing downtime.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing and operations (e.g., safety, housekeeping, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Work in close collaboration with planner to ensure the efficient scheduling of equipment and manpower.
- Implement, document, and manage manufacturing equipment logs and standard operating procedure practices.
- Ensure the timely reporting and resolution of production build issues with engineering. Interface with all Pearl departments to address concerns, work on special projects, and improve efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all rules and requirements, including but not limited to, safety, health and environmental rules and Covid guidelines.
- Actively produce product as time allows by achieving a work/management balance (estimated to be no more than 50% of time).
- Perform other tasks as required by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
- Three to five years of experience managing others
- Five years prior welding, sheet metal forming, or fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment
- Specific skills o Ability to set-up and operate all types of welding equipment (TIG, MIG) o Ability to set-up and operate all phases of brazing operations o Knowledge of CNC bender programming a plus
- Familiarity with an ERP system, NetSuite a plus
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to read engineering drawings
- Leadership – ability to manage a team and enforce rules and priorities
- Precise and detail oriented – good math skills and precision in work specifications
- Planning and organization – effective at organizing and planning work by defining needs and priorities
- Clear communications – ability to listen, process and communicate clearly
- Integrity – uphold a high standard of fairness and ethics in everyday words and actions
- Resilience – ability to work under pressure and keep calm
- Analytical skills – able to gather and process information and effectively define action
Typical manufacturing shop working environment necessary to perform all essential job functions with reasonable accommodations compliant with EEOC enforced ADA guidelines. Noise level is mostly low to moderate. Must be able to communicate clearly and relate well to others. Must be able to lift, up to 50 lbs., stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, twist, and squat as needed to perform the essential functions of the position
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Welder/Fabrication Supervisor and is subject to change at any time to reflect the needs of the company. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.